Apply now for ChopShots 2012 – Documentary Film Festival Southeast Asia
Deadline: 27 Aug 2012
From the organizer:
We are seeking submissions of documentary films of any length produced after January 2011 for our first ChopShots Festival to be held in Jakarta Dec 5th-9th 2012.
ChopShots is a new documentary film festival for the Asia-Pacific region organized by DocNet Southeast Asia – a project initiated by Goethe-Institut and funded by the EU – and its partners from six Southeast Asian countries. The festival brings the Asian as well as the international documentary scene together to celebrate the art and business of documentary making. ChopShots is the ideal event for people from the documentary and digital industries to get together – to screen their work, share knowledge, do business, make new contacts and discuss innovations and challenges they are facing in the ever changing media landscape.
Many Awards of a combined 10.000 Euro up for grabs! Winning newcomers will get an opportunity to travel with their films to five countries for the ChopShots Travelling Festival: Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam.
Some important submission Guidelines:
- All submissions are free
- Eligible entries for the competition are documentaries preferably on topics set in Southeast Asia
- The online application form must be filled out at www.chopshots.net with acknowledgment that the submission guidelines have been read and understood.
- Eligible entries must have English subtitles
- Film makers can submit more than one film. Each film must be submitted through one registration form and on one DVD
- Entry materials must arrive by August 27th, 2012 or earlier. Please either send a download link for videos in your online registration form or alternatively mail your film on DVD in PAL (Ratio aspect 4:3 or 16:9/Minimum picture resolution is 720×576 dpi) to:
ChopShots Documentary Film Festival
Jl. Sam Ratulangi no.9-15
Menteng, Jakarta 10350
For more information, visit the organizer’s website.