Thank you for being part of the Hanoi Grapevine community!
We welcome your comments and opinions.
Please be aware that comments submitted to Hanoi Grapevine are moderated. This means that when you submit a comment here, it is not automatically published. It is held until we approve or reject it. We do not edit comments to remove objectionable content, so please ensure that your comment conforms to our guidelines to avoid it being rejected.
While e-mail addresses are required for commenting, they are not published on the blog, nor are they shared. They may be used by the blog administrator or post author to privately contact the commenter.
*When submitting comments on Hanoi Grapevine please remember to always use language that is civil and respectful.*
Here are a few guidelines for submitting comments to Hanoi Grapevine.
Please do submit comments that:
- contain responses and reactions to the content of a post or comment. Do you agree or disagree with us or another commenter? Great – let us know. Be sure to make comments that move the discussion forward. And please always use language that is civil and respectful.
- contain corrections, more information or new developments about the subject of the post. If you know more about it than we do, or you see something we missed or got wrong, please tell us about it.
Please do not submit any comments that:
- contain any abusive, hostile, insulting, inappropriate, obscene, disrespectful or uncivil language.
- contain any threats of violence, racial slurs, personal attacks, etc.
- have inappropriate usernames that are vulgar or offensive, etc.
- look like spam. Comments which are unrelated to the post, or contain links to unrelated websites are usually considered spam.
- in effect say nothing more than “What that person said is stupid”. These do not make a useful contribution to the discussion.
- include copyrighted material to which you do not own the rights.
- Invade anyone’s privacy or impersonates anyone.
- encourage conduct that violates any law
- contain personal information such as your or anyone else’s contact details including address, telephone or mobile number, email address, etc. This is for the safety of everyone who uses the site.