Hàng Trống folk painting exhibition: 10 – 25 Jan 2018, 9 am – 8 pm
Talk show “Những điều xưa cũ mới mẻ” (The new classics): Sat 13 Jan 2018, 3 pm – 4.30 pm
4th floor, Cá Chép Bookstore
115 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Hanoi
From the organizers:
Hàng Trống folk paintings are of a unique genre and were once the quintessence of aesthetic, spiritual and religious values of people of the ancient Hanoi. However, as time goes by, this art of national identity has been left behind, with only a few paintings stored in museums nowadays thanks to the efforts of (a few) rare art collectors.
S River, a group of young people passionate about Hàng Trống folk paintings and want to preserve traditional values, has spent many years researching and creating the project “Họa Sắc Việt”.
As part of the project, “The new classics” exhibition is the first offline event held by the group, aiming to bring young people closer to the art of Hàng Trống folk paintings and show audiences how this type of folk art can be applied in modern life.
– Zone 1: Exhibition of iconic Hàng Trống paintings
– Zone 2: Exhibition of Hàng Trống patterns and creative designs that could be applied in contemporary designing, and products with ancient Hàng Trống patterns and colors
– Talk show with Phan Ngọc Khuê (artist, art researcher) and Trịnh Thu Trang (author of the book “Họa sắc Việt từ tranh Hàng Trống”)
WHO CAN ATTEND?
– Contemporary designers in the field of visual arts
– Art and design university students
– Folk art and contemporary art enthusiasts
About Trịnh Thu Trang:
– Lecturer at Hanoi University of Architecture, lecturer of RIO Class – a designing class for marketers.
– Designer with 10 years’ experience in graphic designing, worked with Richard Moore Associates and other projects by Kosy Group, Bảo Việt, UNESCO,…
– Collector and researcher of Hàng Trống folk paintings since 2013, owner of about 70 paintings.
– Organizer of two Hàng Trống painting exhibitions in 2014 and 2015 under the guidance of artist Lê Đình Nghiên and artist/art researcher Phan Ngọc Khuê. This two exhibitions were huge successes and received the support of numerous artists in the creative industry
Follow updates on the event page.