Images Talk 101 – Visual Note-taking in Daily Life
English workshop: 22, 23, 24 Apr 2019, 6.30 – 9.30 pm
Vietnamese workshop: 06, 07, 08 May 2019, 6.30 – 9.30 pm
The Learning Hub
14 Ngô Quyền, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội
From the organizer:
What are the benefits of visualizing your thoughts and information? How can we use visual note-taking efficiently and effectively in daily life and work?
Welcome to Images Talk 101, a three-evening workshop on basics of visual note-taking and graphic recording by XuAn Studio
WHAT DO WE AIM TO DO?
• Help you to overcome your fear of drawing;
• Provide a simple guidance to visually capturing key ideas to support your life and work; and practice the it;
• Discover the applications of visual note-taking;
• Practice listening (even more important than drawing) for stories and ideas.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Anyone who wants to learn to bring their thoughts and ideas to life through visualisation. No skills required.
Anyone who wants to connect with others in a creative space.
This workshop is not about how to draw nicely, it’s about how to capture your ideas vividly and clearly.
MEET YOUR FACILITATORS
XuAn majored in Diplomacy but found herself in art, creativity. She is passionate about creating the conditions to nurture creativity and imagination in people and bringing the meaning to her art works. After her journey with Knowmads Hanoi, she has been organizing drawing workshops to encourage people to draw, and to learn to appreciate their own creativity. While teaching art classes she has started to develop her skills at Graphic Design and Graphic Facilitation/Recording. After the Graphic Facilitation training with the Presencing Institute in China, she has been delivering several graphic recording sessions for companies and organizations such as ActionAid Vietnam, TedxHanoi, Aidsfonds or INVOLVE UK
With a basis in Software Engineering, Trang has ventured into a myriad of working experiences namely IT engineering, graphic design, project coordinating, fundraising, photography, participatory process design & facilitation. She is now a passionate sustainability practitioner and dialogue facilitator. She often needs to integrate visualization in her work to find her inner creativity and collaborate with others coherently.
Language: English (There’s a workshop in Vietnamese on 6th – 7th – 8th May 2019)
– Base fee: 1,200,000 VND. All drawing materials during the workshop are included.
– We don’t want finance to be a barrier to anyone’s learnings, so if you want to pay a different amount, we invite you to choose a number between 700,000 VND to 1,700,000 VND. If you pay less than the base fee, the facilitators get less rewards for their work. If you pay more, you are able to support some other participants.
More information: 098 388 1210 (Xuan) | 086 990 2610 (Trang)
Follow updates on event’s page