Visitors Programme to Germany 2017 – Call for applications
Deadline: See details for each trip below
Time: See details for each trip below
From the organizer:
The German Embassy Hanoi as well as the German General Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City would like to call for applications for the following Theme Trips to Germany in 2017.
The trips will enable all successful applicants to gain valuable personal as well as professional first hand impression of Germany. Each trip focuses on a different aspect of political, social, cultural or economic life and events. Language of the program is English.
If invited, the invitation will cover travel expenses (return flight), accommodation, meals and other costs related to the programme. Medical insurance for the duration of the stay in Germany will provided for.
You are advised to submit your application documents before the official deadlines.
This Programm is for experts and officials only – no scholarships for students!
See target audiences of each trip in the descriptions below:
1. The German jazz music scene (within the framework of the event “jazzahead!” in Bremen)
– Timeframe: 24 – 30 April
– Destinations: Berlin (2 days), Bremen (3 days)
– Target group: Specialist journalists (music, culture, creative industries) and festival directors
– Content: Insights into the German jazz scene, visits to artists, clubs, label showcases and movers and shakers of the jazz world in Berlin; visits to the 12th jazzahead! in Bremen and to the German Jazz Expo trade fair, exclusive meetings with artists; opportunities to network with, and workshops focusing on, music labels, jazz festivals and all of Germany’s major jazz associations.
– Application Deadline: 16 Feb
2. 54th Theatertreffen Berlin 2017
– Timeframe: 08 – 14 May
– Destinations: Berlin
– Target group: Theatre critics, festival curators, directors
– Content: Introduction to the promotion of theatre in Germany and insight into Berlin’s theatre scene; visiting the Theatertreffen and to selected productions in German theatres. Opportunities to network, also through workshops, with figures from the German theatre scene.
– Application Deadline: 02 Mar
3. Contemporary Art Exhibition “documenta #14”
– Timeframe: 07 – 14 June
– Destinations: Kassel, Berlin
– Target group: Specialist journalists, curators, gallery owners
+) In Kassel, preview and visit of documenta #14, the most important contemporary art exhibition in the world, held only every five years.
+) In Berlin, introduction to the German art scene and to international contemporary art, visits to large contemporary art exhibitions and tours of artists’ studios.
– Application Deadline: 30 Mar
4. Berlin Fashion Week – the creative industries and sustainability
– Timeframe: 02 – 08 July
– Destinations: Berlin
– Target group: Specialist journalists (fashion, lifestyle, business), young designers, representatives of the creative industries
– Content: Introduction to how the creative industries are promoted in Germany, and insights into Berlin’s fashion scene, with visits to the Fashion Week. Meetings with major players, young designers, German fashion journalists and experts, visits to showrooms, small start-ups, and internationally-operating fashion labels, as well as to fashion institutes in Berlin and Brandenburg; opportunities to
network with well-known representatives of the German fashion industry.
– Application Deadline: 27 Apr
5. Rock, pop and electronic music in Germany (within the framework of the Reeperbahn Festival in Hamburg)
– Timeframe: 18 – 24 September
– Destinations: Berlin, Hamburg
– Target group: Specialist journalists and managers from the music industry
– Content: Introduction to the music scene in Germany and to new trends in Germany’s music market.
+) In Berlin, visits to and meetings with trade associations, artists, clubs, label showcases and key market players.
+) In Hamburg, focus on Reeperbahn festival events (including new German groups performing at the
Wunderkinder German Music Talent showcase), and a visit to the Elbphilharmonie.
– Application Deadline: 13 Jul
For more information about the trips and application instructions, please visit the organizer’s website.
*NOTE: Hanoi Grapevine merely announces the open calls and cannot help in the application process. For further inquiries, please direct to the organizers.