Call for workshop participants – “Dreaming/Remembering”
Deadline: 14 Dec 2018
From the organizer:
We are looking for 20 cultural practitioners (film-makers, archivists, curators, composers, writers, researchers, managers, amongst others) to participate in a series of workshops on practices around archival film materials. The workshops will take place in Hanoi (16-18 January 2019) and form part of FILM AS A CULTURAL HERITAGE – a series of happenings around Vietnam’s film heritage within the context of British Council Vietnam’s Heritage of Future Past project.
Date: 16–18 January 2019
The workshops are aimed at Vietnam-based practitioners who seek to further their understanding of and explore possibilities around film archives and archival film materials, via both creative and management pathways.
During the three days of workshops, topics covered will range from the making of found footage work via a community-based approach, platforms and models for community engagement, building and running film archives, access and distribution channels, film restoration, amongst others.
Sessions will be led by curators, archivists and film-makers from Vietnam and the UK, who have also provided valuable input towards the programme’s design. There will also be peer sessions, where participants can present and receive feedback on their ideas, plus ample time and space for brainstorming and getting hands-on.
By bringing together fellow-spirited individuals from a wide spectrum of backgrounds in one lab-like environment, we seek to catalyse new ways of thinking about and approaching Vietnam’s film heritage. Projects born out of this melting pot of inspiration might also be considered for financial support through our FAMLAB Fund initiative.
– The programme is open to participants of any nationality. Sessions will be conducted in either Vietnamese or English, with interpretation provided.
– Travel expenses to/from other locations in Vietnam – as well as hotel accommodation and a per diem during the workshops – will be arranged for and covered by British Council Vietnam for a maximum seven participants from outside Hanoi.
– Detailed programme schedule, profiles of participants and speakers, and joining instructions will be sent to participants by 24 December 2018.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your application package to [email protected] by 18.00, 14 December 2018. Successful applicants will be informed by 18 December 2018.
Your application package should include:
– a short text (maximum one A4 side, in either Vietnamese or English) explaining who you are and why you would like to take part in these workshops.
– at least two online links to examples of your past creative work (films, audio recordings, text, etc.).