06 – 13 Oct 2019
Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
15 Ngo Quyen Str, Hanoi
Leading culinary stars from around the world, boasting a total of 8 Michelin stars among them, will join the second edition of “Metropole Culinary Stars” from Oct. 6-13 at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi.
The eight-day culinary extravaganza, which follows last year’s highly successful inaugural event, will feature 18 internationally renowned chefs who will collaborate on a series of extraordinary and memorable meals at the Metropole Hanoi.
Michelin-starred chefs participating in this year’s event include: Jacques Pourcel (3-Michelin-star chef at Le Jardin des Sens in Montpellier, France), David Rathgeber (the chef-owner of Michelin-starred L’Assiette, one of Paris’ most sought-after bistros), Hervé Rodriguez (chef-owner of Michelin-starred MaSa restaurant in Paris), Jean-Baptiste Natali (youngest chef in France to earn a Michelin star when he was awarded one in 2002 at age 27), Raoul Meuwese (Chef de Cuisine of Michelin-starred Bridges at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam) and Michael Dyllong (head chef of Michelin-starred Palmgarden in Dortmund, Germany).
The event will also spotlight other global culinary luminaries, including Dutch celebrities’ private chef (René van Empelen), a former winner of MasterChef of France (Didier Corlou), a scion of a cheese-making family that’s been in the business since 1880 (Patrice Marchand), the maître-chocolatier of the world’s longest-established chocolatier (Stéphane Bonnat), an author of 14 renowned cookbooks (Alain Caron), one of Asia’s top female chefs, according to the Michelin Guide (Vanessa Huang), the Master Baker of France (Bruno Dinel), and pastry master (Fabrice Danniel).
Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi’s Executive Chef Paul Smart and his culinary team Aurélien Houguet, Nguyen Thanh Van and Raphael Kinimo will also bring their expertise to this much anticipated event.
“Metropole Culinary Stars 2019 promises to be a truly remarkable event, as we bring together some of the world’s most celebrated chefs in a city whose culinary tradition is undisputed,” said William Haandrikman, the Metropole Hanoi’s General Manager.
Over eight days, starting on October 6, the event will include the following unique dining experiences:
- Oct. 6: An all-you-can eat “angelina Sunday Brunch with the Stars” featuring delicious culinary creations, live chef stations, free-flow drinks and lively music provided by a DJ.
- Oct. 7: A six-course “Exotic World of Spice” dinner in which each course is elevated by a different spice and paired with spiced wines.
- Oct. 8: A seven-course “Dinner to Remember from the Farm & the Sea” sourced with the freshest and finest ingredients from the fields and oceans.
- Oct. 9: A six-course “Most Exclusive Wine Dinner” featuring luxurious ingredients and world-class Champagne and Grand Crus from five different wineries.
- Oct. 10: There will be two main events this evening. First, is the “Trump-Kim Summit Four-Hands Dinner,” a special gastronomical journey with the two Metropole chefs who prepared the historic four-course menu. The second is an “Extravagant Cheese & Wine Evening with Artisanal Bread” featuring more than 30 selections of Les Frères Marchand cheese served with artisanal bread.
- Oct. 11: A “Metropole Culinary Showdown Dinner” in which 14 chefs go head-to-head in a 60-minute live cook-off, while guests savour a special four-course dinner menu.
- Oct. 12: An “All Star Dinner” including an exquisite 9-course dinner menu from 10 of the top participating chefs.
- Oct. 13: A “Magnifique Sunday Brunch” featuring nine live stations, as well as an opportunity to interact directly with the chefs.
All of the events are open to the public. The sponsors of Metropole Culinary Stars 2019 include two gold sponsors, Vietnam Airlines and Classic Fine Food; in-kind sponsors include Kaviari, Le Huitres Cadoret, Fargreen, Les Frères Marchand, Rougie, Matfer Bourgeat Vietnam, Clement Design, Giesser, Moet Hennessy, Daloc Fine Wines & Spirits, The Warehouse Asia, Red Apron Fine Wines & Spirits, Tan Khoa Wines & Spirits, Badoit, Evian and Annam Professional.
For more information or reservations, please contact +84 24 3826 6919 ext. 8200 or [email protected]
| Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi|
15 Ngo Quyen Str, Hanoi
Tel: +84 24 3826 6919