Sun 14 Jan 2018, 8 am – 6 pm
Yard C9, Hanoi University of Science and Technology
1 Dai Co Viet, Hanoi
From the organizers:
The Oshougatsu Cultural Fair is an annual, non-profit event aiming to recreate the traditional New Year day Oshougatsu of Japan in Vietnam and promoting culture exchange between Vietnam and Japan.
Features of Japanese Culture Fair Oshougatsu 2018:
– The largest Kadomatsu tree in Vietnam
– Japanese-style 4-season wooden picket fence
– 3D-decorated space for cultural experiences
– 10,000 cherry blossoms, 5,000 wisteria flowers
– Yosakoi dance, Japanese calligraphy
– New Year omikuji (fortune telling), ema (wooden wishing plaque), omamori (love charm)
– Free yukata try-on
– Making traditional objects (free): Japanese masks, Teruteru dolls, Kadomatsu tree,…
– Japanese traditional games: fishing, kendama, koma,… with gifts from the organizers
– Unique and diverse stalls: food, anime – manga, Japanese culture clubs
and many more exciting activities await you!!!
Follow updates on the event page.