Hanoi: Wed 16 May 2018, 5.30 pm
HCMC: Thu 17 May 2018, 6 pm
General Science Library of Ho Chi Minh City
69 Ly Tu Trong, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, HCMC
You are cordially invited to the round-table discussion “History of World War I – The France-Vietnam Collective Memory 1914-2018” with the participation of:
– Mr Pierre Journoud, Professor of Contemporary History at the University Paul Valéry-Montpellier 3
– Ms. Laurence Campa, Professor of French Literature at Paris-Nanterre University
– Henri Eckert, Lecturer in Contemporary History and Deputy Director of ESPE – Martinique)
– Dr. Tran Hinh, Professor of Literature at the National University of Hanoi
– Mr. Pham Quang Minh, Principal of the National University of Social Sciences and Humanities of Hanoi, who will moderate the meeting.
The involvement of “Indochinese” workers and soldiers in the first World War has long been overshadowed by other conflicts (World War II, wars of decolonization – Indochina, Vietnam, Algeria) or encompassed in broader issues (contributions from colonial empires during the Great War, especially African troops, racial and colonial issues, postcolonialism). Although this involvement has been the subject of important historical developments, no Franco-Vietnamese historical and scientific event has yet been entirely devoted to it.
This conference will be accompanied by the exhibition “14-18” at the exhibition hall of L’Espace in Hanoi.
French-Vietnamese simultaneous translation will be provided
Translated by Hanoi Grapevine
|Institut Français de Hanoi – L’Espace 24 Tràng Tiền, Hà Nội Tel: (84-24) 39 36 21 64 [email protected] www.institutfrancais-vietnam.com/vi/category/ha-noi/|