Sun 13 Jan 2019, 8 am – 6 pm
Yard C9, Hanoi University of Science and Technology
No. 1 Giai Phong St, Hanoi
From the organizers:
The Oshougatsu Festival is an annual not-for-profit event aiming to recreate the atmosphere of Japan’s Oshougatsu festival in Vietnam, as well as promoting cultural exchange activities between Vietnam and Japan.
Oshougatsu 2019 will have:
– The largest Kadomatsu tree in Vietnam
– Wisteria-adorned road with 12.000 strings of vibrant flowers (HANDMADE)
– Japanese-style bamboo fence
– 3D photobooth: flower road, Japanese tea room
– Chouchin lantern tree, Osaisen Bako (お賽 銭 箱) offering box
– Enjoy Yosakoi dance, calligraphy
– Try fortune telling with omikuji, new year wishes, omamori charms
– Try on yukata for free
– Make traditional handmades for free: Japanese masks, teruteru dolls, wakazari – sacred straw rope, Japanese kites, Japanese dolls,…
– Enjoy traditional Japanese games: goldfish scooping, noodle eating, mochi pounding, kendama, koma,… with prizes from the organizers
– Experience zone with brand new, unique decoration
– Join minigame on the event page for amazing prizes from the organizers
– Enjoy a variety of booths with food, anime, manga, and especially Japanese culture clubs.
And many more exciting things awaits you!
Follow updates on the event page.
Translated by Hanoi Grapevine