Mon 11 Mar 2019, 6 pm – 7.30 pm
12 Hoa Ma, Hanoi
From the organizer:
Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) is an art-creative university with a history of over 170 years. It is a leading arts & design training institution in the UK. This March, the school’s representative will come to Vietnam for an Information Seminar on Norwich University of the Arts, UK, organized by British Council. The program brings useful information on Arts & Design for young people passionate about this field.
Guest speaker: Ms. Rhian John – International Officer, Norwich University of the Arts (NUA)
Coming to the event, you will have the opportunity to interact with one of the world’s leading university in Arts & Design and have a more realistic view on this area in the international career market. The seminar is divided into 3 parts:
Part 1: Workshop ‘Painting Objects’
The workshop ‘Painting Objects’ is inspired by famous designers such as Vincent Bal and is suitable for all who can draw and for all ages. The workshop creates a space for you to get creative by taking a simple object in life and reinventing it through drawings. You will need to bring a pencil and a white paper to join in the workshop’s activities.
Part 2: Introduction on Norwich University of the Arts, the advantages of arts & desgin courses in UK design as well as of career prospects in this field.
Part 3: Instruction on how to create a portfolio and Personal consultancy for students who have prepared and brought their portfolios to the event.
More about Norwich University of the Arts (NUA):
Norwich University of the Arts is a leading university in creative arts with a history of more than 170 years in the United Kingdom. The school is a community of more than 2,000 students at the center of Norwich – a UNESCO’s City of Literature, a vibrant, safe, historical city with reasonable living costs. From here, you can easily reach London and Norwich airport. The school is surrounded by rural areas and is only 40 minutes away from the coast.
– NUA was awarded Gold under the Teaching Excellence Framework by the UK Department for Education, providing the most excellent teaching quality in the UK.
– NUA teaches students career skills through interaction with the industry during the course – with projects, competitions, exhibitions, and events such as the Graduate Fashion Week and field trips with artists and designers as visiting lecturers.
Benefits for NUA students:
– Students at NUA get to practice in their field of study to prepare for their future careers through NUMEROUS practical projects, competitions, exhibitions, presentations and events.
– Students can conducted researches in specialized studios and have access to many facilities from the NEWEST digital softwares to traditional and advanced printing processes, to film and photography studios, weaving workshop, recording studio, etc.
– NUA provides many international student support programs such as free English classes, academic support, counseling, orientation week and activities for new international students.
Annual tuition fee for undergraduate and graduate courses is £14,500. Rent for a single room on the school’s urban campus is £6,900/year. Rent for one room in a private house is usually £75 – £95/week.
The school offers scholarships of up to £3,500 for international students.
This is a free-entry event welcoming all arts & design enthusiasts.
Follow updates on the event page.
Translated by Hanoi Grapevine
|AGOhub 12 Hoa Ma, Hanoi Tel: (84) 90 123 8008 Email: [email protected] Opening hours: daily 8 am – 8 pm|