The 9th Resident Artists at Seoul Art Space GEUMCHEON in 2017-18: Call for Applications
Deadline: 10 Apr 2017 (in Korean time 16:00)
Time of residency: 3 months (details below)
From the open call:
Seoul Art Space_Geumcheon, having favorable conditions such as its location in Seoul, convenient transportation, and agreeable facilities, has secured its position as an international residence studio representing Korea. The artists selected by the art space have been mostly emerging artists in their late 20s and early 30s. The art space’s artist-in-residence program has been based on themes such as ‘community & research’ and ‘media art’.
* Application Field for the 2017-18 Residencies: Individuals or groups of Visual Artists/New Media Artists (with a maximum of 2 artists per group), working in the fields of:
— visual arts such as painting, installation, video, photograph, and etc.
— and the new media-art such as digital art, virtual art, interactive art, and etc.
* Four periods of residency and number of eligible artists for each period:
a) 2017.10.01 ~ 2017.12.31: 3 Artists
b) 2018.01.01 ~ 2018.03.31: 4 Artists
c) 2018.07.01 ~ 2018.09.31: 4 Artists
d) 2018.10.01 ~ 2018.12.31: 3 Artists
For International residents who have resided in SASG before, re-appliance is possible. (Except for artists who have resided in SASG more than a twice).
○ For International Artists:
– Exemption of the hostel charges and space fee
– Financial aid for round airplane tickets per person (when residing as a team, only one of team member will be supported)
– Accommodation (Single room per person, double room per group)
* Candidate who have been staying in Korea can’t be supported with airplane tickets.
○ Common supporting details for International and Korean artists:
– Studio (1 room per person/team)
– 1 on 1 expert criticism program
– Partial production cost supported when having an exhibition at Seoul Art Space_Geumcheon
– PR supported during the residency period.
– Liberal use of the Media Lab, Warehouse (Large workspace), equipment room, seminar room and kitchen and etc.
* Unfortunately, Seoul Art Space GEUMCHEON cannot support the activities of the artists in various ways. Artists need to be aware that they will have to solve many inconveniences during the residency. (For example: translation, interpretation, material purchase, artwork installation, research support, and etc.)
For more information and application form please visit the organizer’s website.
*NOTE: Hanoi Grapevine merely announces the open calls and cannot help in the application process. For further inquiries, please direct to the organizers.