Asian Film Academy Program: Call for Applications
Deadline: 30 Apr 2017
Time of program: 06 – 22 Oct 2017
From the open call:
Asian Film Academy (AFA) is an educational program hosted by Busan International Film Festival and Busan Film Commission to foster young Asian talents and build their networks throughout Asia. Over the past 12 years, AFA produced 289 alumni from 31 Asian countries, and many of their films have been invited to the prestigious festivals throughout the world.
The promising fellows from all over Asia will participate in various AFA programs, including short film production, workshops, and special lectures. The two short films completed by the fellows will be officially presented at the 22nd Busan International Film Festival (12 – 21 Oct 2017). While participating in the programs, the fellows will rediscover themselves and share their passion towards films which goes far beyond the differences in their experiences and cultural backgrounds.
– Who has U.N. defined Asian nationality (Age 18 or older) seeking one’s dream and future in cinema
– Who has experience in directing, producing, cinematography, editing, production design or sound at least two short films
– Who can communicate in English
– Who submits all required documents and supporting materials on time
– Who can attend all sessions including online pre-production period
– Who has never attended AFA before
Application Materials (all documents should be in English):
1. Application form (Application will be accepted from March 20 to April 30 via online application form only)
2. Personal Statement
3. A Letter of Recommendation with the recommender’s contact information & signature
4. Portfolio (downloadable file(s) or DVD)
** The cost for travelling, accommodation, meal, equipment will be provided to all selected fellows.
** English interview will be conducted via SKYPE for those who pass the initial screening.
For more information and application form please visit the organizer’s website.
*NOTE: Hanoi Grapevine merely announces the open calls and cannot help in the application process. For further inquiries, please direct to the organizers.