ASEAN Youth Video Competition: Call for Applications
Deadline: 10 Aug 2017, 5 pm
From the open call:
The Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union Central Committee (HCYUCC) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs are pleased to announce a region-wide Youth Video Competition on the theme “ASEAN Against Trafficking: Humans are not for Sale!”
The competition is designed to:
– Raise public awareness on ASEAN’s efforts to combat Trafficking in Persons (TIP) in light of ASEAN Convention Against Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children and ASEAN Plan of Action Against Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children;
– Raise awareness that trafficking in persons is an infringement of human rights (ASEAN Human Rights Declaration Art. 13);
– Engage the ASEAN youth to understand about TIP and the regional efforts taken to address it;
– Contribute to the implementation of the action lines of the ASEAN Community Vision 2025, those which are related to human rights, TIP and the role of youths.
The author of the best work will receive a 500USD prize, air tickets and accommodation to attend the regional competition.
Vietnamese citizens living, working and studying at home or abroad between the ages of 18-25.
How to participate:
– The contestant (individual or group) makes a video clip of 3-5 minutes with content related to the topic “ASEAN Against Trafficking: Humans are not for Sale!” in English or in Vietnamese with English subtitles
– The videos should be in high resolution and contains unique, creative ideas that can create impacts on society by spreading effective messages about human trafficking.
– Submit the videos to the Youth International Cooperation Development Center, Central Union, Room 305, 62 Ba Trieu, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi before 10 August 2017.
Ms. Vu Yen Ly
Tel: 024 6263 1999 (ext 303/309)
Email: [email protected]
*NOTE: Hanoi Grapevine merely announces the open calls and cannot help in the application process. For further inquiries, please direct to the organizers.
Translated by Hanoi Grapevine