Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6 pm
Sun 12 Nov 2017, 1 pm and 5 pm
11 Ngo Thi Nham, Hanoi
From the organizer:
You are invited to the Japanese Noh play performance “Lady Aoi” (Aoinoue – 葵上) by Kin no Tokage (金の蜥蜴, translation: Golden Lizard), a Tokyoite troupe with 13 years’ experience in Noh play.
The performance aims to introduce Vietnamese audience to Noh play (能), a traditional art form of Japan. Researchers studying Japanese Noh plays and the classic excerpts of Vietnamese “tuong” plays are expected to be present at the event. Thus, we hope that the audience would understand more about the similarities in art in the Japanese and Vietnamese cultures.
The play is based on “Tale of Genji” (Genji monogatari – 源氏物語), a Heian period novel by a Japanese female royal writer known as Murasaki Shikibu. Lifting the curtains to the ancient royal palace, the play takes the audience back in time to see a classic love story in Japanese history, where they could see emotions pushed to the limit and the complicated introspection of humans in love. (Excerpts from the introduction by the online magazine Takoyaki).
An extract from the Noh play “The Lady Aoi”:
Regular: 900.000 VND
Student: 200.000 VND
For tickets, contact our distributors below:
1. Bar Walk, 81 Bui Thi Xuan, Hanoi / 024 6266 8181
2. Star Lotus, 58 To Hien Thanh, Hanoi / 090 485 5353
3. Diningbar R, 13 Phan Ke Binh (extended street) / 024 6292 0477
4. Kato, 47/104 Kim Ma Thuong, Cong Vi, Hanoi / 024 3762 1989
5. L’arome (ラローム), 207 Ve Ho, Tay Ho, Hanoi (near 378 Lac Long Quan) / 0126 316 9800 (Japanese & English)
6. Sanshin Vietnam JSC, R401, 111 Mai Hac De, Hanoi / 024 3945 4142 / 091 328 1791
If you would like to purchase tickets, kindly contact：Email: [email protected], Tel +84-91 328 1791（Mr. Niizuma, Japanese, Vietnamese).
Follow updates on the event page
Translated by Hanoi Grapevine
Watch the promo video below: