Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2018: Call for Applications
Deadline: 30 Dec 2017 (for foreigners), 10 Jan 2018 (for Indonesian)
Duration: 3 months
From the open call:
Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship (IACS) is an annual scholarship organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Indonesia. IACS aims to introduce Indonesian arts and culture to the world’s youth by providing learning facilities such as dance classes, gamelan (traditional instruments), batik, painting, museums, nature tourism, traditional food, etc… In the period of 2003 to 2017, the scholarship has been awarded to 776 alumni from 69 countries.
First arrival, each participant will follow an orientation program in Jakarta for one week, then the organizer will choose Arts Center where the participants will learn for 3 months. The Arts Center for year of 2018 consists of West Sumatra (Padang), Yogyakarta (Jogja), East Java (Surabaya), Bali (Badung), South Sulawesi (Makassar), East Kalimantan (Samarinda).
Awardees will live within or around the arts center, which gives them the opportunities to experience the local heritage and interact with the local community. All participants will display their learning outcomes in a stage work of INDONESIA CHANNEL that will be held in West Sumatra (Padang).
– Tuition fee (including extra-curricular activities);
– A round trip economy class ticket;
– Accommodation (board and lodging);
– Local transportation during program;
– Health insurance (limited). All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance.
– Monthly allowance of Rp. 2.000.000 (US$148)
Eligibility and requirements
– Citizens 21 to 27 years old of the following countries
– A Motivation Letter;
– 3 (three) passport-sized photographs;
– A photo-copy of passport with validity period at least two years;
– A photo-copy of academic diploma;
– A photo-copy of the latest valid health certification from a qualified medical practitioner. On the day of leaving the origin country, participants should equipped themselves with a valid health certification from a qualified medical practitioner;
– A letter of recommendation;
– A personal signed statement.
*NOTE: Hanoi Grapevine merely announces the open calls and cannot help in the application process. For further inquiries, please direct to the organizers.