15 and 16 Mar 2018, 8 pm
Hanoi Opera House
You are invited to A Night of Concert and Ballet “Desire in Spring” at Hanoi Opera House.
Igor Stravinsky’s score for the “Firebird” has been claimed to bring ballet music out of the classicism into the modernism. Since the premiere in Paris 1910 with Russian Ballet it has continued to challenge the imagination of the choreographers of different traditions and styles. The many different successful realizations of the ageless theme of good versus evil embodied in Stravinsky’s score are proof of the Firebird’s ability to speak in a multitude of voices that appeal to diverse tastes and times.
In this version specially created for the Vietnam National Opera and Ballet, Choreographer has looked into how the movement vocabulary and quality of ballet is effected when applying the tools of the dramatic theatre according to the thoughts of Stanislavsky, for example “the aim of the role-who and how does the role want to influence”. The Firebird of this version enriched with the fusion of Vietnamese traditions.
Artistic Director: PhD. People’s Artist Phạm Anh Phương
Conductor: Hiroshi Kutoba (Japanese)
Perform: The Symphony Orchestra and Choir of Vietnam National Opera & Ballet.
1. Rossini: Overture from Opera “The Barber of Seville (IL BARBIERE DI SIVIGLIA)
2. Gluck: Dance of the Blessed Spirits (Ballet des champs-elysées) from Opera “Orpheus and Eurydice (ORFEO ED EURIDICE)”
3. Gounod: Aria of Valentine “Avant de quitter ces liuex” from Opera “FAUST” 2nd act, with solo singer: Mạnh Dũng
4. Gounod: Waltz from Opera “FAUST”
5. Smetana: Polka from the Opera “The Bartered Bride (Prodaná nevěsta” with Chorus)
6. Smetana: Dance of the Comedians from the Opera “The Bartered Bride (Prodaná nevěsta)”
7. Strauss: Finale in 2nd Act “Im Feuerstrom der Reben”〜“Brüderlein und Schwesterlein” from the Operetta “ Nightbirds” or “The Bat” (Die Fledermaus) with Chorus and solo singers:
Dr. Berncastle: Trần Trang, Count Max: Thanh Bình, Ilka: Bùi Trang, Rosalinde: Phương Đông & Hochheimer: Kiều Thẩm.
PART II: THE CLASSICAL BALLET “FIREBIRD”
Music: Igor Stravinsky
Choreographer: Lars Anderstam
Director: Harald Emgard
Costume: La Hằng
Firebird: Meritorious Artist Phan Văn Lương
Prince: Duy Khánh
Princess: Thu Hằng
Tyrant: Văn Nam
and other VNOB’s dancers
For reference: Watch a trailer of “Firebird” produced by the Mann Center for the Performing Arts (Pennsylvania, US):
Ticket prices: 300,000 – 400,000 – 600,000 VND. All tickets available at Hanoi Opera House or can book online at ticketvn.com.
For free delivery, call: 0913489858, 0983067996.
Note: This show is not for children under 5 years old
| Hanoi Opera House|
1 Tràng Tiền, Hà Nội