Time: 01 – 04 Apr 2019
Deadline to apply: 25 Mar 2019
Erato School of Music & Performing Arts Hà Nội
30 Doan Thi Diem, Hanoi
From the organizer:
Dance/Movement Therapy is the psychotherapeutic use of movement as a process which furthers the emotional, social, cognitive, and physical integration (ADTA.org)
Dance/Movement Therapy Foundations is the first and sole professional DMT course in 2019 organized by Vietnam Dance/Movement Therapy and supported by Kinection. The course is designed and conducted by PhD-Danielle L. Fraenkel.
Dance/Movement Therapy Foundations examines the field’s approaches to
(1) enhancing personal, professional, and creative development,
(2) treating a wide range of challenges (e.g., autism, anxiety, eating disorders, abuse, developmental challenges, and psychosis).
• kinesthetic empathy (picking up, developing movement) — essential for anyone who works with people from teachers, medical, and mental health providers to corporate trainers, board members, management, and executives
• using body action, pedestrian movement, and movements from traditional Vietnamese dances and children’s games of expressive dance as sources of expression
• rhythmic group movement using the LivingDance~LivingMusic concept of pulse — can help with impulse control, affective regulation, school phobia, anxiety, confidence building
• understanding the concept of movement repertoire and the importance of developing it — helps you understand how people respond to you and provides access to the full spectrum of affect
• music in relation to emotions and group processes
To these ends, participants will learn how Dance/Movement Therapy integrates natural movement, formal elements of dance, music, language, psychology, counseling, neuroscience, and concepts drawn from Asian approaches to healing. Improvisational dance, music making, role plays, and videotapes of actual sessions highlight these concepts.
– Deadline for registration: 25th March 2019
What we you get after the course:
• Dress comfortably. Be prepared to move/ dance freely.
• Bring drums or any other musical instruments if you have them,
• Paper or a notebook, pen or pencil, markers, crayons, or any other writing and drawing materials.
1. PhD-Danielle L. Fraenkel
Danielle L. Fraenkel PhD, BC-DMT, NCC, LCAT, LMHC, CGP, director of Kinections — the only free standing institute in the United States that offers all the dance/movement therapy courses required for certification—is the creator of LivingDance™, the precursor to LivingDance~LivingMusic™. Her program is so well regarded that the Sancheti Health Care Academy invited Dr. Fraenkel and Kinections to collaborate with them to create India’s first Certificate Program in Dance/Movement Therapy.
Innovator and published author, Dr. Fraenkel works from the premise that dance is inherently healing. She has introduced LivingDance~LivingMusic to dancers and non-dancers both nationally and internationally — including many times at the University of Hong Kong’s Centre on Behavioral Health, presented frequently at conferences, and contributed to magazines, academic journals, and texts on group therapy. By invitation, Dr. Fraenkel will be teaching the first intensive nine-day LivingDance~LivingMusic Certificate Program at Apollo Beijing Education and Consultation in October.
Currently, she teaches dance/movement therapy at Kinections (on-line and in-person), at Sancheti Health Care Academy, and at the University of Rochester. She supervises both students and practicing dance/movement therapists nationally and internationally, works privately with individuals and groups, and is Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors of BIODANCE, a dance company that explores social, political, and environmental issues. In 2014, the American Dance Therapy Association honored Dr. Fraenkel with their award for Excellence in Education.
2. Jeffrey D. Mehr
Since he was four years old, Jeffrey Mehr, MA, Music Director at Kinections, a graduate of the Musicianship and Leadership Program at Music for People, and creator of LivingMusic™, has played many instruments including piano, cello, harmonica, saxophone, bassoon, and guitar. He holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and has practiced Taijiquan for more than forty years. Music and martial arts together have taught him sensitive listening/responding skills that he brings to his creative process. Mr. Mehr shared that process at the Apollo Beijing Education and Consulting, the University of Hong Kong Centre for Behavioral Studies, and the 2019 International Conference on Creative Art Therapies at the Sancheti Medical Center in Pune, India.
As part of LivingDance~LivingMusic™ musicianship, Mr. Mehr creates immediate new music using keyboards, harmonicas, and synthesizers. His LivingMusic™, a technique of improvisational playing grounded in the “LivingMusic Loop,” evolves during the LivingDance™ process. Powered directly by the dancers and supporting exploration, discovery, and immediate feedback, LivingMusic creates an environment that speaks to the ancient connection between dance and music.
Under his LivingDance~LivingMusic™ leadership, students will learn his Four Step Formula so that even those who have never played an instrument can support their clients’ journeys towards personal growth.
3. Bui Tuyet Minh: teaching assistant
Minh is (R-DMT) Registered Dance/ Movement Therapist. Minh is Fulbright Alumni at Sarah Lawrence College in 2013-2015. She is now the pioneer of Dance/ Movement therapy in Vietnam. Minh leads and conducts a series of projects, integrating dance/ movement therapy for development with diverse populations in both America and Vietnam.
– Duration: 28 hours totally in 05 days the 1st to 4th of April 2019
– Venue: Erato School of Music & Performing Arts Hanoi, 30 Đoàn Thị Điểm Str., Hanoi
–Tuition fee: 8,500,000 VND / course
Early bird: 7,200,000 VND if paid by 15th March 2019
– Scholarship: 03 scholarships of 70%, 50% and 30% tuition fee will be awarded, based on applicant’s Letter of Interest.
– Fill this link
– Letter of Interest if you apply for scholarship
*** Payment of tuition fee:
Account number: 0451000297964
Account holder: Nguyễn Thu Thủy
Bank : VCB Thành Công
Account number: 19033063138017
Account holder: Nguyễn Thu Thủy
Bank : TCB Trần Duy Hưng
Contact person: Ms. Thuy (0945.370.186)
Email: [email protected]
Follow updates on event’s page