29 Nov – 01 Dec 2019, 9 am – 4.30 pm
Vocational Ballet School of Ho Chi Minh City
155 Bis Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Str., Ward 6, District 3, HCMC
From the organizer:
Creative Arts Therapy – is a collaborative supportive partnership between therapist and client, in engaging and supporting acts of creativity and reflection that foster healing, growth and resilience. The creative arts therapist uses themselves as an instrument and tool of practice and so also engages in a life long learning through reflection, creative processes, self care and supervision. The theoretical basis is informed by integrative theory, person centred psycho-dynamic therapy, relational and systemic approaches, and multi-modal use of the creative arts.
Creativity philosophy: everyone is creative, to be creative is to be human. Creativity naturally promotes and supports resilience, health and healing.
Read a review on a Creative Arts Therapy Course in Hanoi, August 2019 here.
This three-day Creative Arts Therapy programme is designed to give participants:
– An understanding of the guiding principles underpinning Creative Arts Therapy practice
– A Creative Arts Therapy experience to learn how to apply this into your personal life and so embody your learning. Everyone has the innate capacity to create, we will learn and re-discover this healing gift.
– An exploration of the application into practice with clients and specific challenging issues and life experiences
– An overview of the process of professional training in Creative Arts Therapy practice and time for Q and A
‘Love is the capacity to take care, to protect, to nourish. If you are not capable of generating that kind of energy toward yourself — if you are not capable of taking care of yourself, of nourishing yourself, of protecting yourself — it is very difficult to take care of another person.’ – Thích Nhất Hạnh (2004)
Who is it for?
For psychology professionals, social workers, teachers, artists and those interested in personal development
(Please note: no previous experience in art or creative processes is required, just a willingness to bring an open heart and mind)
Carrie Herbert is an Integrative Arts Psychotherapist, qualified Trainer, supervisor and consultant. As Director of Arts Therapy Services for Ragamuffin International*. Carrie has extensive experience in the following areas: asylum seekers and refugees, mental health, trauma and abuse, conflict & post conflict work, therapeutic training and supervision. Carrie is also a photographer, musician (saxophone/guitar) and singer/songwriter, with an avid interest in all of the arts for expression, social action and change. Carrie has also conducted workshops and presentations in Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Peru and Greece.
– Duration: 03 days 29,30 November & 1st December 2019
– Venue: Ho Chi Minh Dance School, 155 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa, W.6, D.3, HCMC
–Tuition fee: 6,500,000 VND / course
Early bird: 5,700,000 VND if paid by 11 Nov 2019
Early bird for group of 2: 5,500,000 VND by 11 Nov
VDMT Alumni: 5,200.000 VND if paid by 11 Nov 2019
– Scholarship: 03 scholarships of 70%, 50% and 30% tuition fee will be awarded, based on applicant’s Letter of Interest.
– Fill in this registration form
– Letter of Interest if you apply for scholarship
Deadline: 20 Nov 2019
* Payment of tuition fee via bank trasnfer:
Account number: 0451000297964
Account holder: Nguyễn Thu Thủy
Bank : VCB Thành Công
Account number: 19033063138017
Account holder: Nguyễn Thu Thủy
Bank : TCB Trần Duy Hưng
Follow updates on the event’s Facebook page