11th Resident Artists at Seoul Art Space GEUMCHEON: Call for Applications
Deadline: 03 Dec 2019, 6 pm (Korean time)
Time of residency: 03 months during Jan 2020 – Jan 2021
From the open call:
Seoul Art Space Geumcheon (SASG) is proud to announce its 11th open call for Resident Artists Program.
Click here to read the Application Guideline and download the Application Form. Deadline for application is 03 December, 18:00 in Korean time.
WHO MAY APPLY?
Applicant: Visual Artist:
– Individuals or groups that can participate in residency programs
– Group candidates have a limit of two artists per group.
No application will be received from the following candidates:
– Group or association of three or more artists
– Students who are still undergraduates
(*group including a student will depend on committee’s decision)
– Association organized by school, religious or friendship group, not having goal for genuine artwork
For International Artists:
– Exemption of the hostel charges and space fee
– Financial aid of 1,500,000 KRW per person (it’s about 1,300 US dollars)
(*According to national tax agreements, the payment can be made with a minimum tax of 5% to 50%)
(*when residing as a team, only one of the team members will be supported)
– Accommodation (a single room per person / a double room per group)
For International and Korean Artists:
– Studio (1 room per person/team)
– Network Support
– Partial production cost supported when having an exhibition at Seoul Art Space_Geumcheon
– PR supported during the residency period
– Liberal use of the media lab, warehouse (large workspace), equipment room, seminar room, kitchen and etc.
* Seoul Art Space GEUMCHEON cannot support the activities of the artists in various ways other than the mentioned supporting details. Artists must be aware that they will have to solve many inconveniences themselves during the residency. (For example: translation, interpretation, material purchase, artwork installation, research support, and etc.)
For the better understanding of SASG and our program, you can visit and refer to our website geumcheon.blogspot.com.
You can find more information about the residency periods and application process below:
*NOTE: Hanoi Grapevine merely announces the open calls and cannot help in the application process. For further inquiries, please direct to the organizers.