Hanoi: 19 Mar 2017, 8 pm
The Grand Concert Hall
Vietnam National Academy of Music
77 Hao Nam, Hanoi
HCMC: 21 Mar 2017, 8 pm
Conservatory of Ho Chi Minh City
112 Nguyen Du, District 1, HCMC
From the organizer:
Within the framework of La Francophonie Day 2017, the Wallonia-Brussels Delegation is pleased to present two jazz concerts with the trio “L’Âme des Poètes” (Fabien Degryse, Jean-Louis Rassinfosse and Pierre Vaiana) and special guest Hoa Dang – a fine Vietnamese T’rưng artist.
Through a selection of songs by the three singers Brel, Brassens và Ferré, the trio confirms their unique position in the world of jazz and French chanson.
Watch they perform at the 2014 Brussels Jazz Marathon:
* Pierre Vaiana
– Django d’Or 2009 Award
– Best saxophonist of 2000 (Belgian VRT radio).
* Jean-Louis Rassinfosse, famous contrabass artist. He has performed with some of the world’s famous jazz stars such as Philly Joe Jones, Clifford Jordan, Pepper Adams, George Coleman and Joe Lovano.
* Fabien Degryse
· Best Jazz Guitare of the Royal Conservatory of Music in Brussels.
· Best accoustique guitarist of 1998 (by Radio 3 in collaboration with the Jazz Journalists Association)
· Best Jazz Guitarist in the World (by the French acoustic guitar magazine in November 2007 – when he released his CD “The Heart of the Acoustic Guitar”).
· Several CDs won major awards including the CD “Hommage à René Thomas” (Igloo IGL 134) – the best jazz disc of 1997.
* MA Nguyen Thi Hoa Dang started studying folk music at the age of 8. She graduated from a music university in 1995 where she majored in in 36-string zither, and competed her Ph.D in Folk Music-World Music in 2008. She is currently deputy head of the traditional musical instrument department at the Vietnam National Academy of Music.
Invitation tickets will be available from March 13 at:
1st Floor – Reception of Daeha Building, 360 Kim Ma, Hanoi – 04. 3831.52.41 – email: [email protected]
HCMC Conservatory of Music, 112 Nguyen Du, Ben Thanh, District 1, HCMC – ĐT. (08) 3 822 58 41 – 103
CONTACT: 04. 3831.52.41 – email: [email protected]
Translated by Hanoi Grapevine