Hanoi: 27 Oct – 11 Nov 2017
National Cinema Center
87 Lang Ha, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
HCMC: 24 Nov – 09 Dec 2017
CineStar Hai Ba Trung
135 Hai Ba Trung, District 1, HCMC
Danang: 05, 07, 13 and 14 Jan 2018
Le Do Cinema
46 Tran Phu St, Hai Chau District, Danang City
The Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam proudly presents Japanese Film Festival 2017 from 27 October in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang.
11 new films, which are made after 2015, will be screened at Cinema. Japanese Film festival already becomes a popular annual event in autumn and winter. We hope many audiences enjoy these Japanese films and deepen their interest in Japan through the Japanese Film Festival 2017.
1. An (2015/dir. KAWASE Naomi) *screening in HN and HCMC only
2. Tsukiji Wonderland (2016/dir. ENDO Shotaro) *screening in HCMC only
3. Her Love Boils Bathwater (2016/dir. NAKANO Ryota)
4. Long Excuse (2016/dir. NISHIKAWA Miwa)
5. Rudolf the Black Cat (2016/dir. YUYAMA Kunihiko, SAKAKIBARA Mikinori)
6. Asian Three-Fold Mirror 2016: Reflections (2016/dir. Brillante Ma. Mendoza (Philippines), YUKISADA Isao (Japan), Sotho Kulikar (Cambodia))
7. Tora-san of Goto (2016/dir. OURA Masaru)
8. Daytime Shooting Star (2017/dir. SHINJO Takehiko)
9. ReLIFE (2017/dir. FURUSAWA Takeshi)
10. Survival Family (2017/dir. YAGUCHI Shinobu)
11. Honnouji Hotel (2017/dir. SUZUKI Masayuki)
All films will be screened with both English and Vietnamese sub-titles
In HCMC and Hanoi: The admission fee is 30,000VND each screening
In Hanoi: Start selling at National Cinema Center from
Saturday 21 October 2017 17:00 Wednesday 25 October 2017. You can also buy tickets online here.
In HCMC: Start selling date will be announced later
In Danang: The admission is free but audience is advised to obtain free tickets at following venues. Start date of ticket distribution will be announced later.
Follow updates on the event page