Mon 08 Oct 2018, 3 – 5 pm
Heritage Space, 1st Floor, Dolphin Plaza
6 Nguyen Hoang / 28 Tran Binh, My Dinh 2, Hanoi
From Heritage Space:
Heritage Space invites you to joins an informal talk about the workshop ‘Photography and Materiality: An Introduction’ with German artist Christoph Brueckner and Vietnamese Germany-based artist Nam Nguyen.
In this informal Talk, Christoph Brückner and Nam Nguyen will present and discuss the history and theories of materiality in photography, as well as some of their artworks in contemporary photography that used new materials. The talk will cover, but is not limited to, the following questions:
For whom is this workshop?
This workshop is not limited to artists who practicing photography, it’s also suitable for all visual artists who are interested in photography and want to break the boundaries in thinking about traditional photography.
Objectives of workshop?
– Create a chance for participants to explore new materials in contemporary art
– Giving participants new ideas in practicing and exhibiting photography
– Using photography not only as the main medium but also a material for making art
Are there any technical skill requirements?
You don’t need any technical skill about photography to join this workshop
– In the first two days of the workshop, participants will discuss about materials in photography and finding materials for their own artworks.
– Participants will have 4 days to work on their own photography project, using screen printing as a main medium.
– A small exhibition will be held, sponsored by Heritage Space.
For more details about the workshop, click here
Register for the workshop here
Follow updates on the event page
Heritage Space is a combination of an art gallery, a library, a concert hall, co-working office, residency space, artist studios and some open-stages, which has the capacity to host art exhibitions, music events, educational programs, multi-creative forms, artist-in-residency programs and others. Run by a group of curators, artists, researchers, musicians and architects, Heritage Space’s mission is to become a HUB for individuals and groups working on multi-disciplines from both inside and outside of the country to support and develop the creative industries in Vietnam.
| Heritage Space|
1st Floor, Dolphin Plaza
6 Nguyen Hoang (for car) | 28 Tran Binh (for bike), My Dinh 2, Hanoi
Tel: 024 6254 3319 – Hotline: 090 282 6769
Email: [email protected]
Opening: 10 am – 5 pm, Tuesday to Sunday