“Pure Gold Exhibition Hanoi” Calls for Submissions
Deadline for submission: March 05, 2019
Chosen submissions will be announced by: March 18, 2019
From the organizer:
ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen – Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations), in collaboration with the Goethe-Institut in Hanoi and Heritage Space are honored to announce the open call for designers, craftsmen, producers, makers, artists and students who live and work in Vietnam to submit their works to the “Pure Gold exhibition in Hanoi which will take place from April 6 to May 12, 2019 at Heritage Space Gallery.
Global industrialisation and ever greater levels of consumption make upcycling an urgent matter. The project “Pure Gold. Upcycled! Upgraded!” project therefore addresses this issue in a design exhibition, a platform, workshops and conferences. The design exhibition initiated by ifa is an international touring exhibition. Working with seven curators from Europe, Latin America, North Africa and the Near East, East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and Southeast Asia, ifa has brought together 76 exhibits and a total of 53 designers for the exhibition, where they present added value and appreciation within many diverse contexts. At every venue of the tour, ifa also invites local designers and artists to show their works together with PURE GOLD.
Put in the context of Vietnam where being named as one of the top 4 countries which produce plastic waste in the world in 2018 according Earthday Network, and the growth of heavy industry and consumer culture in these recent decades have put the country in a crisis of environmental issues, “Pure Gold Exhibition Hanoi” aims to raise awareness of alternative materials, and call for participation of local designers, craftsmen, producers, makers, artists and students to share ideas of creating product designs with sustainable production costs and lower consumption of natural resources, while at the same time expressing innovative design aesthetics.
Applications are open to designers, craftsmen, producers, makers, artists and students who are living in Vietnam and whose works focus on recycling and upcycling.
The applications must be written either in Vietnamese or English and include the following documents:
1. Submission entry
Each applicant will submit up to 03 works. The submission entry will include the following information:
– Maximum four (04) images showing full view, close-up view, side view and back view of the work. The images will be in .jpeg format, at size of minimum 3MB
– A statement in a maximum of 300 words describe your works specify which recycling and upcycling idea in terms of material, design and function of your work (to be type-written in Microsoft Word document, or PDF)
2. Curriculum vitae
Please send us a curriculum vitae with full contact details, details of your education and an overview of your activities regarding recycling and upcycling themes, email address, contact number and website (if any)(to be type-written in Microsoft Word document, or PDF);
Please send us a short portfolio that gives an insight into your previous recycling and upcycling works. (to be type-written in Microsoft Word document, or PDF)
Benefits of participants:
– Financing of packaging and shipping the work to and back from the exhibition venue
– Financing of arrival and departure expenses and accommodation to attend exhibition opening for non-Hanoi participants
– Opportunity to share your profile on Pure Gold global online platform (http://puregold.ifa.de/)
Networking with designers, craftsmen, producers, makers, artists and students who work on recycling and upcycling
The selection will be made by the Goethe-Institut Hanoi and ifa.
– Volker Albus – Chief curator/ Founder of PURE GOLD
– Eggarat Wongcharit – Regional curator for Southern Asian
– Nguyen Anh Tuan – Artistic director of Heritage Space
The judges’ decision is final and not subject to appeal.
Chosen submissions will be announced by March 18, 2019 via email
For more information or inquiries please contact:
Pham Ut Quyen (Ms.)
Art Program Manager at Heritage Space
Tel: +84 949105970
Email: [email protected]